We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imperial Boat House

London, England
Level Contributor
197 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Imperial Boat House

Hi

I believe the Boat House is currently closed for refurbishment. We would like to stay there from 23 April 2019. Does anyone happen to know if it will be back up and running by then? I have tried emailing and phoning but no answer.

If they are not open by then any other recommended hotels in Choeng Mon for about the same rates or lower. Was looking at the White House but it doesn't seem to have any balconies or terraces which is no good for us.

All information gratefully received.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Choeng Mon
Choeng Mon
Bophut, Thailand
2 replies to this topic
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imperial Boat House

We stayed sept 17, and believe they’ll be shut until mid 2020. When they reopen it’ll be under a new hotel group.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
23 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Imperial Boat House

Read my farewell review. They are looking at 18 months to 2 years I was repeatedly told. No, not a new group but the Spanish group that bought them out several years ago. The hotel only needs a little upgrading; but however to meet this groups standards they want it upgraded to 5 star and primarily amid at upscale adults only. The boats and main pool will remain, but the Monkey Pool will be gone and other major changes (including price) will change. I am going to miss it very badly as that was my favorite place to stay. There are other hotels on the beach, almost all very high price so another high price hotel is not needed but unfortunately I think that is what we are going to get. As far as hotels on the beach with balconies, several of the high price ones have; the White House and Honey are nice low cost alternatives, but don't have the balconies you want. Not sure why you want balconies-- the White house and Honey are right on the beach and just need to sit outside at one of the many beach eateries. Good luck-- and to all the IBH former customers-- it was a nice place.

Reply to: Imperial Boat House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Choeng Mon