We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Level Contributor
18 posts
URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Hello guys, I need someones help, how can I get from Thessaloniki airport to Kavala? My friend says there's only one bus per day, is there possibility to get at 8:30 Kifsos station from Thessaloniki airport? And I'm also worried about way back becuase my plane from Thessaloniki is at 10-30 am... Is there any train connection between them that could be better in this case? Suggest me anything, except the taxi that would probably take about 100 eu from airport to Kavala...

2 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,803 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

most people hire a car and I think it is a 2.5 hour journey. I heard there is a bus but don't know of anybody on the forum using it to help

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala

Your friend has it completely wrong. There is a bus between Thessaloniki and Kavala (and vice versa) every hour on the hour between 8AM and 8PM and some more before and after that.

A train is no use as there are 2 trains a day between Thessaloniki and Drama, the closest you get to Kavala by train. From Drama there is a bus every 30 minutes to Kavala between 8AM and 3PM. Otherwise it’s every hour. For the bus between Thessaloniki and Kavala, look at www.ktelmacedonia.gr

Reply to: URGENT!!!! Thessaloniki - Kavala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted