We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

3 posts
Save Topic
Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

Hello!

We would like to take a high-speed ferry from Heraklion Crete in the afternoon (of 7/31/18) to travel to Santorini.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any. There are only morning ferries. We can't make the morning ones as our flight does not arrive in Heraklion until 11am. With the number of ferries around, I'm surprised there isn't at least one afternoon one.

Does anyone know of any high speed ferries options for the afternoon, from Crete to Santorini?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

4 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

I think the only high speed ferries run in the mornings. Daily from Heraklion at 8:20, and Tuesdays and Saturdays from Rethymno at 8:00. If I may ask, why can't you just fly to Santorini directly if you aren't staying on Crete?

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

Ferries from Crete to Santorini are only in the morning. Except for the Prevelis from ANEK Lines that goes 1-2 times a week in the late evening.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

Good question. At this point the flights to Santorini were too expensive, and we were going to spend some time on Crete anyway. Thanks very much for the reply though!

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini

Thank you very much!

Reply to: Afternoon Ferries from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted