We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?

Frome, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?

We are going away with my parents in September and I'm looking for a non touristy island with sandy beaches that we can fly to. My Mum is a bit wobbly after 2nd hip operation so I want a hotel with a pool with steps in plus a beach ideally within walking distance but could be a short drive. Little restaurants and bars near too please. Yep, so lots of details!

Any advice will be gratefully recieved - thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,929 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?

Hi,

and welcome to the forum.

Please do note that Greece has more than 200 inhabited islands as well as hundreds of options on the mainland to meet the similar demands you are asking for.

To narrow your choices - look up destinations that are available from the airport of your choice, and explore what you find about them by looking up a good guidebook or on the net. Then return here with some more specific questions.

When posting do also note that all destinations - islands, towns, main villages, areas etc. in Greece has its own dedicated forum on Trip Advisor. Most of the regular contributors for the different destinations only follow "their" dedicated forum - very few of those look up the main general "Greece" forum.

Post your questions in the dedicated forum and you stand a much better chance to get a reply. You can find the forum by doing a search using the "Greece" tab on the very top of this page.

Contributors in these forums are all volunteers, and share information and offer advice based on their own personal experiences. They are not travel agents.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 21:40
Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?

You want to be able to fly there, but you don't want tourists. I'm afraid you can't have both. Anywhere with an airport will be busy. Even islands without airports get plenty of tourists.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?

In September nowhere will be very busy, except Santorini maybe. Naxos, Paros, Rhodes, Chalkidiki are some places with sandy beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Reply to: Unspoilt Greek Island that we can fly to with sandy beaches?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted