We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct ferries

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Direct ferries

Good day, I received a call last week telling me my June 29 ferry from santorini to Naxos was cancelled I have since sent several emails to try and reschedule because I wasn’t issued a refund. They responded Monday asking what my reference number was and nothing since. Anyone have a similar experience... should I be worried ? Please help

3 replies to this topic
Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Direct ferries

This is why always the advice is given to book directly with the ferry company and not through a 3rd party. Now you will have to deal with direct ferries for either a refund or a change of booking.

If you could tell what ferry you booked, maybe we can give you some advice what to ask/propose to direct ferries.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Direct ferries

Hellenic Seaways

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Direct ferries

Hellenic Seaways is a company. If you were booked on the Highspeed 7, that ferry has been sold to Minoan Lines and is called Santorini Palace now.

So, Direct ferries should rebook you on another ferry (as the Santorini Palace doesn't go to Naxos) or refund you.

If you were booked on the Highspeed 4 or Flyingcat 4, the routes of these ferries had to be changed after a decision by the Monopoly Commission with the takeover of Helleic Seaways by Attica Group. So Hellenic Seaways were forced to take out Santorini on these routes.

But again, Direct ferries have to come with a solution or a refund.

I would ask for a refund and then book direct with a ferry company or buy the ticket on the spot 1 or 2 days before I need it.

Reply to: Direct ferries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted