We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens combined ticket

3 posts
Save Topic
Athens combined ticket

This september I will go to Athens, and I have some questions about it. I have already read about the combined ticket for €30, valid at locations like the Acropolis, Ancient Agora etc. My questions:

1) Since the queuing line at the Acropolis can be enormous: is it possible to buy the combined ticket at (for example) the Ancient Agora on day 1, and reuse this ticket on day 2 at the Acropolis?

2) If I will be buying the combined ticket at the Ancient Agora, i assume there is no skipping the line there. But will there be on day 2 when i visit the Acropolis, if I have this ticket? So I don't have to be there at 8 a.m?

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
9 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
11,297 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens combined ticket

You can buy the ticket at any of the sites it includes, then you can visit each of the sites in whatever order you choose, it’s valid for 5 days.

The queue for the Acropolis is at the ticket office, so yes, you can skip that, but still be there early, or late afternoon (5-6pm) otherwise it will be packed & you’ll be in a snake like queue moving up the hill!

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens combined ticket

>So I don't have to be there at 8 a.m?<

No. But the real reason to be there at 8 am is not that you avoid queueing for tickets, it's that it is fairly quiet and peaceful then, and stays so for a good hour until the tour buses start arriving. By 9 will be busy, by 10 it will be heaving. If you get there at 8 you'll have a much better experience of the site. So go then or, as Yiassas said, leave it until late afternoon, by which time the buses will have left with their people-cargo.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens combined ticket

Thank you both! Very helpful answers.

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
75 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens combined ticket

I bought the ticket when I was last year in Athens, begining of August, at the ticket office for the Temple of Zeus.

It was in the afternoon and there was no queue there, bought it in like 2 minutes...

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Leighton Buzzard...
Level Contributor
102 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens combined ticket

Whereabouts is the ticket office for the Temple of Zeus? Certainly sounds better than queuing for hours at the Acropolis one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens combined ticket

It's at the Temple of Zeus! :o)

But where are you staying? You can buy the combined ticket at any of the sites covered by it, and another site might be nearer for you. If you're staying near Monastiraki, for example, the Ancient Agora, Hadrian's Library, and the Roman Agora, are much closer.

Mentioned in this post
Monastiraki
Monastiraki
4,515 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Hadrian's Library
Hadrian's Library
334 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Roman Agora
Roman Agora
600 Reviews
Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens combined ticket

>You can buy the ticket at any of the sites it includes, then you can visit each of the sites in whatever order you choose, it’s valid for 5 days.<

Do you also know if it is possible to visit the same location 2 times a day with this ticket? So we can visit the Acropolis in the early morning and late afternoon?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
11,297 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Athens combined ticket

No, it includes only one entrance to the Acropolis.

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
351 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Athens combined ticket

Is the combined ticket valid from when you buy it or from when you use it at the first site? I am asking as I would like to buy one in advance for my daughter in law as I visit Athens before her.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Reply to: Athens combined ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;