We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance with Athens Car Rental (ACR)?

Princeton, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Insurance with Athens Car Rental (ACR)?

Hi all,

My husband and I are renting a car from ACR in early July. I was wondering if those who have used them before could say whether the insurance they provide is sufficient, or if we should look into taking out a third party policy for the week. This will be our first time driving in Europe, and I know driving in Greece (we'll be looping around the Peloponnese) can be particularly hair-raising, so I want to cover all our bases. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
uk
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insurance with Athens Car Rental (ACR)?

Take extra insurance and you must have a international driving permit.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insurance with Athens Car Rental (ACR)?

All mandatory insurance is included in the hire price & they do not try to sell you extras. Read the small print to check if the coverage & excess charges suit you. You can take additional insurance but they will not push it at you. No hire cars are covered for off road or damage to underside, tyres, glass, lost keys etc or your personal possessions. To cover the excess amount in case of a claim you can take out a personal Car Hire Excess Policy before you leave home. In case of any damage to the car that is excluded from the hire T&Cs you pay ACR (they deduct from your excess deposit) then claim back on your excess policy.

If you need any explanation of ACRs T&Cs & insurance cover just email them & ask. They have excellent customer service & this is a big advantage of dealing direct with a local company instead of an anony broker only interested in their own commission.

Reply to: Insurance with Athens Car Rental (ACR)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted