We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhoods

Manchester...
Level Contributor
2 posts
99 reviews
20 helpful votes
Neighborhoods

Description of neighborhoods in Athens greece

9 replies to this topic
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
57 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Neighborhoods

Which ones? There are numerous . . . touristy and non touristy. Safe and not as safe, worth visiting and not visiting. More info on your part will help with recommendations.

However, if you are looking for accommodations or places to wander around then areas like Syntagma, Monistiraki or Plaka would be good choices if you want to see as much of the city as possible.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
49 reviews
38 helpful votes
2. Re: Neighborhoods

Is that some sort of request? If so, a simple "please" might make that clearer, and be a bit more polite....as well as a bit more information about which ones you would like to know about, as there are many. Or what kind of area you would like.

Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Neighborhoods

Yet another rude, ignorant and uncivilised posting in which I assume the poster is requesting advice.

What is wrong with these people........?

I see it in the Train Travel Forum too, usually from the same part of the world.....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
595 posts
4. Re: Neighborhoods

Athens has hundreds of neighborhoods since it is a 3 million square kilometres area and has five million inhabitants.

So asking us to describe them is a bit of a chore isn't it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
10 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Neighborhoods

>Yet another rude, ignorant and uncivilised posting<

That's a bit hard. This is a new poster, who is not familiar with forum etiquette, and whose first language may not be English.

dijaber, please try again if you haven't been completely discouraged. I agree that "please" would help, but also please say which neighbourhoods interest you, and what it is you want to see and do in Athens, as you seem to be planning a visit.

Edited: 18 August 2018, 00:00
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
57 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: Neighborhoods

I don't think the OP was rude, just wanting info. However, it would be nice if they provided more information on what they are looking for, budget, time frame, etc., so we can make suggestions.

Edited: 18 August 2018, 00:47
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Neighborhoods

I'm not being hard at all....

She has written 97 reviews in perfect English......

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
532 reviews
285 helpful votes
8. Re: Neighborhoods

Non-English speakers don’t use “please” and “thank you” in their language?

Seriously??

London, United...
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
10 reviews
14 helpful votes
9. Re: Neighborhoods

>She has written 97 reviews in perfect English......

I don't usually read reviews. I've now read only dijaber's top review, and can see that you are right and that my guess was wrong. But that doesn't change my my feeling that your post was a bit hard. I do think it is hard to call someone "rude, civilised, and ignorant" - especially as you've read her reviews, from which it's obvious that she isn't.

I'll withdraw my guess about her language, but maintain that she is new to the forum and is probably unfamiliar with forum etiquette. And yes of course, as I've said, "please" is always helpful when asking for help.

Reply to: Neighborhoods
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted