We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose/rank hotels (list and likes)

southern US
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Help me choose/rank hotels (list and likes)

Hi. I'm sure this question is asked a lot but given that I have never been to Athens please help me out. It will be three of us traveling (couple and 3 yr old boy). We like to be located where we can walk to restaurants, museums, acropolis (will have stroller if needed). Want a clean, nice, friendly hotel with some luxury. Does not have to be 5 star if service is great and rooms nice. Here is my list so far to choose from. Additional suggestions also well received :)

King George

Grand Bretagne

Electra

Athens Gate

Thanks!

woodland hills, ca.
Level Contributor
98 posts
33 reviews
31. Re: Help me choose/rank hotels (list and likes)

Hello,

In my experience booking hotels directly (website)I got the better rate or the same as expedia, etc. If I had a question I emailed them, & they always responded. I'm also going in Sept., & had some glitches booking 1st choice, but eventually satisfied with my picks, you'll find something.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
32. Re: Help me choose/rank hotels (list and likes)

Cypria is more (way more in some cases) expensive than the Astor, this is why I didn't recommend it.

They have similar locations and same rating but the past couple of years Cypria has higher prices and a very bad attitude. :-(

33. Re: Help me choose/rank hotels (list and likes)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 13:16