We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting Place In Piraeus

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Meeting Place In Piraeus

Hello, Does anyone know a good backup place to meet in Piraeus? My son will be getting off a highspeed ferry from Syros at around 230 Sunday afternoon (I have the name of the ferry), but want to give him a meeting place in case we can't find each other in the crowds. Thanks.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

First of all tell him where you will be standing (on the left or the right of the ferry) because that will make it easier for him to know where to look for you. Make sure ou clarify whether it will be your left/right or the ferry's though!

A very good alternative meeting point will be the McDonalds across the street from the port. Hopefully, it will still be there cause restaurants are closing one after another. :-(

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
2. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

Have you thought of holding a sign?? it may sound funny, but it works wonders.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
3. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

I'd go with TH13's suggestion. It won't be difficult for him to find you, people don't tend to hang around as they get off the ferry, so provided you hold your place and he doesn't move away, you'll soon see each other as you're likely to be the only people standing there...

athens
Level Contributor
146 posts
4. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

how about the railway station (ilektrikos)...?!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
5. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

Hi -

I'm with Thalia on this one. Wait near the disembarkation point and tell your son he shouldn't leave that area without you. You should find each other without any trouble because you'll probably be the only ones not rushing away from the ferry. Pick a side to wait on, and advise him - using his reference - his right or his left.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
6. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

Best bet.... the walkover bridge that takes you across very busy approach to Metro, you have to use it unless you want to risk your life.

Sweens.

8. Re: Meeting Place In Piraeus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 13:18