We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Piraeus

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Piraeus

How long does it take to get to the Piraeus port from the Athens airport? I am flying into Athens on August 18th at 2pm and then staying at a hotel near the high speed ferry port. How much is a taxi? How long does it take? Whats the best way to get there?

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Piraeus

It takes for me usually 55 min during the daytime. I do not expect very heavy traffic from the Airport to Piraeus on 18 August.

By car it takes about half an hour or so, but in this Forum several said it took about an hour; it depends on each one's experience, I guess. Piraeus port authority says that the taxi fare from the port to the airport should be about 28 or 31 euros, and it should be about this much also for the way around, but, again, many reported taxi drivers' bad practice.

Which is the best way? It depends on how much time do you have until the ferry departure.

Have a nice trip!

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Piraeus

Thank you!!

athens
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Piraeus

everything depends on the traffic...!

i' d say (give or take) an hour!

for the cab fare estimate 35-40 euros.

i would catch the bus ( 3 euros p.p.)heading to the port (x96) but if you have a lot of luggage take a cab.

you can also catch "proastiakos" train (6 euros p.p.) and then the "ilektrikos" train (1 euro p.p.) which will let you off a few metres from the port.

you can use the same ticket (proastiakos) since it is valid for 90 minutes.

public transportation is good and cheap!

gia sas (bye!)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Piraeus

Taxi fares in June 60 euro!!!!!!

athens
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Piraeus

too much traffic or a daylight robbery...???!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Piraeus

Robbery, it was Saturday afternoon and the roads were quiet.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Piraeus

That certainly sounds a bit excessive..unless there was a truckload full of traffic;-) Hey Lena4383 and welcome..Since you mention you are staying at a hotel near the port at Piraues, there appears to be no rush to get to a departing ferry..so the bus would be perfect for you..straight from the airport to Piraues for only a few Euros..you've got the time..and you can also take in the scenery..Have fun and ENjoY!

London, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Piraeus

Do both the bus and the metro run 24 hours? I am due to arrive in Athens Airport at 5am on Sunday morning and need to go to Piraeus to catch a ferry departing at 8am. I would think at that time the bus should be best, no?

When the bus gets to Piraeus, is there a sigle stop, or doea it go to each of the gates?

Thank you

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Piraeus

The bus runs 24 hours and it's your best bet, there's no metro from the airport at the moment. I think there's a single stop which is within walking distance from the gates.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Piraeus

>Taxi fares in June 60 euro!!!!!!<

Definitely robbery!!!