We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now

England
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
Weather now

I'm thinking of coming over next week on a last minute deal but don't want somewhere where it's unbearable in the day and have heard there's a heatwave at moment is this right?

24 replies to this topic
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
24,628 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather now

It depends what you find is unbearable (and whether you are living there or on holiday :-)) and very often there is a nice breeze as well. I know this morning it is in the low to mid 30's on the north coast.

England
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather now

On holiday - does sound too hot but if there's a breeze it might be bearable.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,628 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather now

What part of Crete are you looking at as the temps can vary slightly?

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather now

I guess you are hoping to hear the current weather conditions in Crete ( this is for the Chania region ) from someone who is there, of course you can look up the forecasts yourself.

There is a heatwave at the moment, it is approx 34 degrees ( equates to 94F I believe). It is due to go down a couple of degrees after another 2 days. At night it is around 24C, a little hotter than would be expected in early June. No breeze. But we are going into the full-on Summer season, so it will get hotter & more intense soon!

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,628 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather now

p.s. Just to add that I didn't get my weather information from a website but from friends who live in Crete all year round and also from Cretan friends who funnily enough also live in Crete all year round haha ;-) :-)

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Cretan Family Restaurant
Cretan Family Restaurant
250 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather now

Thanks for the update JillF, it always good to hear first hand what the weather is currently like.....tulipb if you have got a good deal then go for it !! Enjoy

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,628 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather now

As I said earlier it is worth mentioning what area of Crete you are looking at as it does vary a little (and sometimes a lot in terms of cloud and wind) from area to area. Even within the Chania region (which covers a large area) it can depend on north coast, south coast, inland, open to the sea or an inland sea area such as Souda Bay etc

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Souda
Souda
Crete, Greece
Connecticut
Level Contributor
826 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather now

I'll be there in 2 weeks. Who do I talk to about arranging temps in the mid 80's ( I guess 27 Celsius). 😎

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,628 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather now

I think you ask Titan god of the sun as well as his sister Artemis, Derek :-) ;-) and give Apollo a shout as well ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,536 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather now

There is no question about it, and no equivocation regarding different areas: there is currently a heat wave in Greece. The worst affected, not surprisingly, is Athens, where the highest temperatures are in the 40s, and the eastern Aegean and southern Crete, where temperatures of 37 - 38 are being experienced.

lgr.co.uk/greece-heat-wave-sticks-around-unt…

Derek, don't worry: proper heat waves don't usually last long. This one is expected to hang around until Tuesday. By the time you arrive it may have settled down to normal summer temperatures, though perhaps not as low as 27.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 21:10
Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Aegean
Aegean
680 Reviews
Olympia, Greece