We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40 year old single traveller

London, England
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
40 year old single traveller

Hi

I'm looking to have a weeks holiday in Greece. I don't know where as the choice is overwhelming. I'd like a beach holiday to relax and unwind during the day but with some nightlife in the evening. Restaurants, bars and maybe a nightclub if I'm still awake :)

I don't want to be surrounded by couples and families. But maybe fun people doing the same as me.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,339 posts
230 reviews
1. Re: 40 year old single traveller

Hi there

If you are flying to Heraklion ( Crete has two airports Heraklion and Chania) then have a look at Stalis and Hersonissos, if you enjoy beach time then I would look at Stalis which has a huge long sandy beach, and Stalis is also very close to Malia if you fancy a bit more of a crazy night.

I suggest doing some You Tube searches of all recommendations which will give you a feel for the different places.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,029 posts
398 reviews
2. Re: 40 year old single traveller

Stalis is very popular with families and couples.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,029 posts
398 reviews
3. Re: 40 year old single traveller

Have a look at the lovely town of Rethymnon which is roughly half way between the two airports. It has a long beach running east of the town and you could walk along it until you find a quiet spot. At night you will find plenty of bars and tavernas, music bars and clubs.

Level Contributor
193 posts
4. Re: 40 year old single traveller

You could try Sissi, it's quiet enough that you'll not feel lost in a big resort, but big enough that you'll have the chance to meet other single travellers in it's various bars. It's also close enough to Malia should you want something a bit more lively.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,029 posts
398 reviews
5. Re: 40 year old single traveller

Sissi also has a late night music bar at COBA and if you are still awake and want to dance :-) Kera Bar https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Reply to: 40 year old single traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted