We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalvyes - Bakeries

Toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kalvyes - Bakeries

Hi - anyone know the location of a bakery in Kalvyes and what time they generally open. I know where the INKA supermarket is for reference. Thanks for help.

Taverna Bar Vasilis
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
Retro
$, Greek, Mediterranean, Diner
Avli in Malia
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, Greek
4 replies to this topic
Chania Prefecture...
Destination Expert
for Almyrida, Crete
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalvyes - Bakeries

I know of 3 good bakeries in Kalyves. Heading from SYN.KA, towards the other end of town, the first is up a few steps on the right, about 100m after the.Town Hall. The 2nd is the Old Bakery opposite Apicorno Cafe & the left turn to the seafront car park, next to the pharmacy.

The 3rd is on 'laundry corner', almost at the Eastern end of town.

They are open by 8am, probably 7.

Toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalvyes - Bakeries

Thanks for info Jill. Staying near Aptera and wanted to find a bakery not too far away for the morning goodies!

Chania Prefecture...
Destination Expert
for Almyrida, Crete
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalvyes - Bakeries

You may find that a van comes round Aptera in the morning, look out for a red van marked 'Piperakis', they do a lot of deliveries (it could be someone else). If not, then the first bakery I described will be nearest.

You probably know, but the little beach at Kalami, sharp left & down a steep road in the village on the way to Kalyves will be your nearest, take stony water shoes & there are no facilities, it is lovely. The next is at Kiani Akti, you can turn where the flags are for the hotel there.

In Aptera, I can highly recommend Ta Aptera taverna for superb local Cretan cooking, including a good selection of vegetarian dishes & slightly more unusual dishes. All made with local produce & not expensive. The Cretan Corner is also nice for Greek standards.

Toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalvyes - Bakeries

Thank you for that additional information - will check it all out soon!

Reply to: Kalvyes - Bakeries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted