We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heraklion port to airport

Central Florida...
7 posts
Save Topic
heraklion port to airport

If i am arriving on a wed evening around 7.30 pm in end of june and i want to travel from port to airport to rent a car...what are my options?

1. i will use the rental to hopefully sight see heraklion if there any sights near by and then use it to return the car to the airport for a late night flight.

2.) party for 3 adults and child.

3.) is a local bus a better option or just a taxi? and how much will taxi cost me?

Thanks,

4 replies to this topic
Kirton in Lindsey...
Level Contributor
149 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heraklion port to airport

If you contact the car hire company they will probably meet you at the port with the car. Try AutoRentals Crete or one of the other local companies recommended in the forums I'm sure they will help.

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,710 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heraklion port to airport

Hi there

All car hire companies would be happy to deliver a hire car to the port, so I would get a car delivered direct to the port, and the drive from the port onto the national road is also a fairly easy drive too.

There are lots of good local companies, and we all have our favourites, we are lucky to stay in Crete 6/7 times a year and have used The Best Car hire for the last six years, so can highly recommend them

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
24,746 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heraklion port to airport

Most car companies will meet you at the airport and we also use Dimitris at Autorentals. For more feedback on Autorentals have a look at this thread https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189…

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heraklion port to airport

All the local firms will deliver to the port. I have happily used Annacars, who give excellent service. Pickup and dropoff are fast and straightforward.

Have I misunderstood your earlier thread, on which I replied to you at some length about the things you can do and see in Heraklion? I thought you wanted to visit Heraklion, and for the city and its many attractions a car is not only unnecessary, it would be a hindrance.

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Reply to: heraklion port to airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted