We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest sandy beach

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest sandy beach

Have book a holiday to Maleme next year and I aware that the beach is not sandy. Can anyone tell me where he nearest sandy beach is to Maleme? We will have a hire car so not a problem to drive 20 minutes or so every morning to give the kids a play on a nice beach. Thanks.

Edited: 10 January 2016, 00:34
5 replies to this topic
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest sandy beach

9-10 mins will get you to Platanias/Aghia Marina, 19mins will get you to Iguana Beach in Aghioi Apostol which is sheltered, gently shelving, and with good facilities and easy parking.

Mentioned in this post
Platanias
Platanias
Crete, Greece
Iguana Beach
Iguana Beach
584 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest sandy beach

Thank you, that's sounds great.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest sandy beach

You can have a look on Google Streetview at the beaches in the area; it's one of not many places where someone with a camera on their back has walked around;

Personally I think this area in Agia Marina is hard to beat. It's by Olga Beach apartments and just after Sofia supermarket (on the land side of the road) when driving.

http://tinyurl.com/jbg62a5

Edited: 10 January 2016, 04:04
Mentioned in this post
Agia Marina
Agia Marina
Crete, Greece
Sofia
Sofia
Sofia Region, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest sandy beach

Thanks I'll have a look

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest sandy beach

Thanks for information there Steve from Sale...... once again!!! You helped with finding a nice beach for us with our recent stay in Koutouloufari!!!! (We are in Flixton!!) And we found it too thank you x We are thinking of Meleme for next year and interested in how far the nearest sandy beach would be - yo reckon around 20 minutes on a scooter or less???

Mentioned in this post
Koutouloufari
Koutouloufari
Crete, Greece
Reply to: Nearest sandy beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maleme
More Maleme Topics