We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port to Chora

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Port to Chora

Hello, I will be arriving by Blue Star at 2.50am,are there any buses or taxis to Chora at this time? Have tried e-mailing and phoning hotels about transfer but no answer.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
481 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Andromeda Resort
Andromeda Resort
#1 of 14 hotels in Astipalea
Aphrodite Studios
Aphrodite Studios
#2 of 14 hotels in Astipalea
Kalderimi Traditional Houses
Kalderimi Traditional Houses
#3 of 14 hotels in Astipalea
5 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port to Chora

In a rush, forgot to say thanks in advance :)

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port to Chora

Check with your accommodations owners . . . they would know what's available or can make arrangements.

If you are arriving by ferry you'll land at the main port just below the Chora. It's all uphill from there to a lot of the accommodations.

Once again your best bet is to check with your accommodations owner for what they recommend.

I arrived via a flight from Athens and had my studio owner pick me up at the airport and drive me to the studio . . . maybe your accommodations owner can work out something for you.

Locals know the schedules and late night/morning arrivals is usual so they can probably help you out.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 05:02
Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
481 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port to Chora

Thanks for the input, yeah have tried to contact a few hotels before I book just to make sure, the ferry port Blue Star use is 7km from chora and I don't fancy the long walk at 3am :)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port to Chora

The Bluestar ferry port is indeed at Ag. Andreas on the northside of the island isthmus, about 4 miles from the Old port(Pera Gialos)/Chora which are essentially one place.

I would not worry about it. Even at 03:00 in the morning there will be transport, offers of rooms etc. It is usually a mix of taxis, Hotel/Rooms minivans, Travel agency mini vans, bus etc. Never a problem on these small islands.

When I first went to Astypalaia many years ago, no airport, and the big ferries turned up at Pera Gialos (the 'Nissos Kalimnos' from Kalimnos still does 2 days a week).

It arrived at about that hour around 04:00 if I remember correctly and still found a room on arrival from a guy on a motorbike who I followed around the bay to his Rooms for Rent. very reasonably priced.

Many years later turning up on a daytime ferry, same guy, same old motorbike, so again just went around and rented a room. Could not be easier. Lovely view to Old Port/Chora and is easily walked to.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
481 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port to Chora

Great news :) just that I arrived on Anafi last year at a similar time and there was nobody at the port, at least I could walk to Chora from there ;) thanks again for all the info

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
481 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Reply to: Port to Chora
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Astipalea
;