We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Hi

We are off for a weeks holiday, just half board at the end of June and was just wondering what the prices of lunches and drinks were - We have no idea how many Euros to take with us ! Or if they accept Visa Debit. We are a family of 4 including two teens. We are not really fine diners...and not huge drinkers either, just maybe a beer or cider or a cheeky cocktail. Also do you know if they sell orange squash in the shops there? My youngest hates fizzy drinks and not keen on water !

Any help, adbice would be greatly received, this is our first holiday to the greek islands and have no idea what to expect !

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Hi, take € in cash & a preloaded € card, they do take visa, etc but prefer cash. 🍺 €3-4, 🍷€3-5(carafe €8-10), 🍹€5(€8 after 22.00) yes you can buy squash

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

We aren't great spenders on meals with giros and a coke coming in at around €5 each and a medium posh meal at about €15 euros a head. We average around €25 to €30 euros spend per person per day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
546 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Beer is 3 or 3.50 Euro at a bar or restaurant. Freshly squeezed orange juice at a restaurant is the same. Buying a beer at a supermarket, then keeping it cold in your fridge is much cheaper but of course you can't have it with your meal.. Have to have it pre dinner or after.

Level Contributor
5,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Hi LeeLou, orange squash isn't freshly squeezed oranges😂😂😂

€30/day Simon!!!!!!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Yep, breakfast in villa, packed lunch on the beach, a couple of ice creams, loads of water and a giros for dinner. Not drinking alcohol helps also! I'm a cheap night out really! :-)

Level Contributor
5,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

😂😂😂

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

OP when we have been to Greece have been able to purchase a bottle of Orange squash also black currant

both taste a little different from home brands but drinkable

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

AB Supermarkets sell squash but as Sonia B says, it doesn't quite taste the same!

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice - We aren't big drinkers, so that will definitely help. It's only really lunch and drinks as we are half board - unless the food sucks at the hotel and then we might have to spend more.

Or biggest expenditure will no dount be ice cream for the husband and my youngest :-)

Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !

I take one of the super concentrated squash bottles with me- 50mls max so then you can have squash that tastes of home.

Reply to: Food & Drink Prices & Orange Squash !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted