Hi All - we're looking for some advice please to help us choose a destination for summer 2018 (probably late July). Will I find what I'm looking for in the kalamata / Peloponnese region (or anywhere else you may suggest!)?..
- The beach is massively important, and the key thing really is gently shelving sea by a sandy beach for our two young kids.
- We then need a village with enough tavernas to be able to eat out in a few different places at night.
- For various reasons, we don't want to do flight + boat, which rules out a lot of the islands.
- I don't want anything too British while abroad. Not interested in Sky Sports or English Breakfasts, so something not too developed would be good.
- We won't be hiring a car, so something within 60-90 mins of the airport in a cab would be good.
We're just back from Parga again - we liked it (although the beaches were very busy, and not gently shelving enough for my fussy kids!). The year before that was Alykes in Zante (great beaches, but no character in the village / town).