We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Definitely - Skiathis

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Definitely - Skiathis

Yes, so delighted to be here again but this will be short and sweet today - maybe - I am still tired after arriving yesterday lunch time.

First surprise was how easy it was at Terminal One, Manchester yesterday. Taxi dropped me off at 04.21. Amazingly 20 minutes later - 04.41was in Departure Lounge - without the need to buy a Fast Track Ticket. Big smiles because the self service check-in scales showed 19.6 Kilos - always a worry in case I go over 20 !!!!. Plane towed away exactly on time but we were in a 25 minute queue to lift off . Really pleasant flight, sat next to Laura in middle seat (bridesmaid at Wedding Kassandra Bay this afternoon) and Jill who was on the aisle seat. At one point Jill asked my name, so I told her Maggie ( but not really true) and later she asked if I had another name - WHY? Her other half had informed her that I was PinkyGirl - and so yes, lots of giggles, Alfatime was spot on.

She showed me a picture of her pet, a beautiful dog they had adopted from Skiathos Dog's Home. What a Sweetie and made me think of Nikki and her little Love and JULIE who adopted some lovely cats.

Well, breakfast served slightly under 2 hours but oh dear, fresh orange juice nice, muffin ditto but the bacon, sausage etc really could have done with a little fruity brown sauce or tomato ketchup to liven it up. All the Crew were extremely helpful and pleasant and we arrived to brilliant sunshine, ahead of schedule.

Approached by Taxi Driver and I just said, oh, 13 € to Bus Stop 5 , plus 2 for you, here is 15€. Of course it helps if you know the normal fare.

Big hugs of welcome at Angeliki Beach Hotel and later a cooling Cocktail in the Swell Bar - a Virgin type - after 2 Sauvignon Blanc on flight, decided to go easy on the Alcohol until evening.

Quick trip to Ftelia to order some essentials - Including Large one and a half litre size bottles of Kourtaki White Wine, just 4.90 each - think the 75cl were 3.60 so double the quantity for just 1.30 extra, a sensible option - put these into fridge to cool. Far too tired to go out last night but wine, crisps and yummy Pork Pie very very nice.

Btw - PARGA IS A VERY CLOSE SECOND.

There is a delicious aroma coming from Swell - have all the daily Soecials been pre-ordered or will I just be lucky.

It is glorious in the garden here - very hot but a gentle hint of a breeze now and then - I am so lucky to be back.

101 replies to this topic
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Definitely - Skiathis

No, it was a direct flight in both directions. The breakfast was really bland but as I mentioned on the return flight, the braised beef meal was absolutely delicious.

Reply to: Definitely - Skiathis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos