We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
511 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time

This will be our first time visiting Skiathos we are staying at the Veronica Studios in Kolios any information would be greatly appreciated , also any recommendations for boat trips would be great , we arrive end of may for 1week , Thank you x

15 replies to this topic
East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time

We’ve stayed there and it was a nice place. Clean and quiet which was nice. Down a track road from the road but there’s a small supermarket on that road for supplies. You could get boat hire at Troulos (next town along 5 mins) but we stayed a couple of years ago.

Skiathos, Greece
Level Contributor
590 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time

Hello Shorty 176, sounds a bit rude calling you that, Re Boat trips get yourselves down to the harbour in Skiathos Town, there you can book a trip on the calypso boat they do an all around the Island trip with stops at Lalaria only accesed by sea, then to Kastro where you can walk up to the old Town if your feeling fit, then over to Katiyorgi on the mainland for lunch then back around the south of the Island to Skiathos Town.there are Mamma MIA boat trips if you can stand listening to Abba for 8 hrs, over to Skopelos, you can also organise your own trip to the other Islands with the main ferries easily, hope this gives you some ides.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time

Hi. This Google map will give you an idea of the area. Most people refer the the bus stop numbers when travelling around the island. Where your road meets the main road it's near Bus stop 15 and between you and 16 in AP you will find loads of eating places. As mentioned above get yourselves down to the new harbour to find your boat trips. Kolios beach is one of my favourites in the south of the island and has a good taverna on the beach. If you turn Right at the main road a few 100m further on you will see a track leading to AP beach.

Map - https://drive.google.com/open…

Phil

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time

Just next door to you is Skiathos Diamond which has a great restaurant open to non-residents. Just down the road is the Infinity Blue restaurant which you must try! Your nearest bar is the Xanthi, which does a great quiz and barbecue night. If you like quiz nights, there is another good one just beyond Veronica, at Theodora's, which also has a nice bar. If you take up Phil's suggestion about Agia Paraskevi, do try Green Park which is up a lane on the right just past Jimmy's but if you do, don't bother with a starter, as the mains are HUGE! You will have a great time.

Bob

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time

We have stayed in Green Park the last 3 times Bob. As you say the food is very good but the portions are huge. There is usually a good atmosphere in the bar with good music and dancing. We also enjoy eating in Jimmy's on the corner and Orsa a bit further up. Another favourite is behind the big supermarket called Kipos. Loads of others to choose from. You won't go hungary in the area.

Phil

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time

You should look in next door at Theodora. The pool & bar area is lovely & welcoming. Plus they serve food from breakfast until early afternoon. Their quiz nights as mentioned above depend on guest numbers. Manos is the supermarket on the lane which is generally well stocked. They have apartments too & I’m reliably informed they also have a pool this year. No pool bar though.

Personally I’d head into town soon after arrival to “drink in” the atmosphere & check out for yourself the boat trips available. Weather permitting, the sunset trip to Tsougria- Eleni Boat - is fabulous. As stated above, check out the round the island trip on Kalypso boat.

I’d also recommend lunch at Mylos; old windmill tavena, to watch the flights come & go.......

If you enjoy walking, take the bus to stop 24 & walk through the pine forest to The Mandraki Beaches. Perfection. Enroute back, stop off for drinks at the delightful Agustera Bar or enjoy gyros at Under athe Pines.

Basically; Enjoy :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time

When it comes to boat trips, it’s worth considering Sail the day with captain Stefanos.

An excellent full day out, a hands on experience of sailing, check out web site plus reviews here on trip advisor.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
511 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time

Thank you so much all of you some great information x

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time

Not wishing to correct Tre (post 6) but you are better getting off at bs 23 for the forest walk ,a bit more straight forward.

Last year we decided to go via the bs24 walk, having not done it for at least 15/16 yrs, happily wandering when a young girl asked did this path go to the beaches ,of course we said and continued only to be met by another couple ,saying there was no way through, all fenced off ,I argued that they obviously hadn't looked for the break in the fence (as I remembered it!) Adamant that there was no way through, hubby said "well it is a long time since we walked this way, they might have fixed it!!!!! when do Greeks fix things, anyway off we go back towards Kouk when we met yet another couple and the first couple shouting "you can't get through, you can't get through. Of course you can said the new couple, hubby saying I run this route every morning. Needless to say I was furious, knew I should have trusted my instincts and not listen to first time visitors who think they know it all and hubby.

So both walks are fine ,I much prefer the bs23 route.

Level Contributor
986 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First time

I think the fences etc were put up to stop the loony quad bikes...

Reply to: First time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos