We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

England
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

Can anyone recommend a resort which is not too quiet but not too busy either and has a nice beach. I've stayed in Koukanaries 16 years ago and although the beach was nice there was only a few shops and would like to stay somewhere bigger but think Skiathos Town is probably too big is there anything in between ? and looking for self catering apartments/studio.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
#1 of 14 hotels in Skiathos Town
Angeliki Beach Hotel
Angeliki Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 hotels in Megali Ammos
Filia Studios & Apartments
Filia Studios & Apartments
#1 of 6 hotels in Troulos
5 replies to this topic
uk
Level Contributor
381 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

Kolios is one of my favourites - and I regard it as one of the best beaches. I stay at Achladies which is also very much liked although I rarely go to the beach there apart from getting the boat into town, Vasialias isn't overly busy. My favourite is Mandraki but hasn't apartments that nearby and is quite a walk.

Mentioned in this post
Kolios
Kolios
Skiathos, Greece
Mandraki Beach
Mandraki Beach
660 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
England
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

Is Achlaides and Kolios bigger than Koukanaries ? more shops and tavernas ? What about Troulos ?

Mentioned in this post
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

Skiathos town, is where the shops are located. In the beach resorts you will find minimarkets, with assorted holiday tat. If its more than a beach ball, or inflateables. You can stay down the island, but jump on a bus or water taxi to get your shopping fix ...

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

Troulos is a good place to stay. Approx 20 eating places, 5 mini markets, sports bar, Karaoke if you need it! Great beach, country setting, some cracking hotels and walkable to Asselinos beach in the north in about an hour, and also the dog shelter. As SL1 says, although the mini markets sell the basics, town is the place to go for shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,744 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort - not too busy or too quiet

There is nothing between the two. It is either Skiathos town or one of the small scattered modern resorts.

The largest resort areas as such are Troulos and Ag. Paraskevi/Platanias/Kolios, marginally larger than Koukounaries. Achladies just about as small as Koukounaries.

Better choices would be Skopelos town or Patitiri on the next islands those are busy but nothing like as much as Skiathos town.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 19:16
Mentioned in this post
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Platanias
Platanias
Crete, Greece
Kolios
Kolios
Skiathos, Greece
Koukounaries