We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

hampshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Hi all we are staying at the above hotel at the beginning of August.

Just wondering where and what is the best beach nearest to the hotel ?.

Is it accessible by foot or will we need a taxi / bus ?.

Many thanks

Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
#1 of 14 hotels in Skiathos Town
Angeliki Beach Hotel
Angeliki Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 hotels in Megali Ammos
Filia Studios & Apartments
Filia Studios & Apartments
#1 of 6 hotels in Troulos
8 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Megali Ammos is the closest. A fifteen to twenty minute walk. I would not walk along the ring road which can be unpleasant with the amount and noise of traffic but walk along the street that runs parallel and brings you out at the kiosk near Taxiarchis apts.

Either go down the steps next to the kiosk then turn right at the bottom and walk through Cafe del Mar or turn right at the top if the kiosk steps and walk to the road opposite bud stop 4 which will lead you down to the beach.

Bus stop 3 is close to your hotel and can take you to several beaches and a walk to the old harbour gives you a selection of water taxis to take you to beaches.

Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
Skiathos, Greece
Essex
Level Contributor
177 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

I will also be interested as my husband and i arrive al la piscine on 31st july for 10 days. 2nd visit to skiathos but first to this hotel. We may cross paths ar the bar!

Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Myself and my wife have just returned from a wonderful holiday at La Piscine. We visited loads of beaches whilst in Skiathos so you have a few options, you can either get the bus to them, I would recommend walking into town to bus stop one, bus stop 4 gets really busy or you can head to the old port and get the water taxi to either Koukounaries or Kanapitsa. Kanapitsa is a quieter beach and Koukounaries is a much busier beach, really depends on what you’re looking for. Avoid beaches close to town, they are small and get very busy.

Mentioned in this post
Koukounaries
Koukounaries
Skiathos, Greece
Level Contributor
988 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Last post? Avoid beaches close to town, they are small and get very busy.

Gary is correct about Megali Ammoss, Spot on with the walking/bus routes.

Benga, check what this beach name means/translates to... and it’s much easier to walk the extra 1 minute to terminus rather than bus stop one..

Edited: 13 June 2018, 03:56
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

This forum is great, you can learn so much, just translated megali ammos!

Level Contributor
988 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

One thing to be aware of at this hotel is the after dinner complimentary drinks trolley - it contains the mind altering devils brew - It’s raki not tsipouro despite what they tell you... #avoid~ unless you want to ride the magic carpet... this advice is from an actual experience of an event that I have no personal recollection of, I only know what happened after reading witness statements..

Edited: 13 June 2018, 04:55
Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
107 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Morning Jowett, stayed at La Piscine last August and although Skiathos was very busy we always got on the bus on a morning at Stop 3 (closest to Hotel) to go to the different beaches. We walked to Megalli Ammos along the road but it is busy as Gary says, only a 15/20 minute walk. Not sure if you are a Pool fan but we found La Piscine as dull as dishwater with the most monotonous music played all day every day so we went to the beach every day apart from the odd hour round pool. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,630 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at La Piscine Art Hotel

Backpacker spesial,

I would get yourself a map of Skiathos town to place where your hotel is in town. I stayed in a nearby Rooms for Rent place using the Piscine Art hotel as a marker.

Bus stop #3 is the nearest, however somewhat shadeless, the terminus #0 is a bit further away but not by much and it is easier to get on at crowded times.

Beach boats operate to Kanapitsa, Tzaneria, Achladies, Koukounaries to dodge the packed bus. These are from the old harbour round the corner from the ferry port.

Megali Ammos beach, west of town is walkable in about 20-30 minutes the direct route is out of your hotel and left, once you hit the bypass you can continue straight on but it's busy no pavements, so not exactly pleasant.

Instead you can go left, 2 blocks and then right. This brings you to the top end of Papadiamantis(Main st) then straight on up a bit of a hill you will reach a sort of wooded area where there is a path down, steps down, then go right which brings you to Megali Ammos beach through a couple of tavernas.

The further you walk along the less busy it gets. Not the only route by any means, that's what the map is for. You can take a shot of Google Earth/Maps or something

39.167550 23.487798

Copy paste the above in to Google maps puts a marker on your hotel location.

Mentioned in this post
La Piscine Art Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
744 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Koukounaries
Koukounaries
Skiathos, Greece
Megali Ammos Beach
Megali Ammos Beach
113 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece