We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

I will be vacationing in Skopelos and Skiathos in August and September 2016. I will fly into the Athens airport and it sounds like I should make my way to Agios Constantinos to take a ferry to Skopelos. I am confused as to the best way to get from the Athens airport to the port of Agios Constantinos. I prefer not to take a taxi (I am on a budget!). Will I have to take a bus or the metro into downtown Athens to get transportation to the port? Also, any suggestions on places to stay on these islands? Again, I am on a budget and usually prefer rooms to let instead of hotels. Places with a sea view would be great but more important is that they are in town (close to nightlife), clean, and have friendly owners. Does anyone know anything about live music on these islands? I like traditional greek rebetiko music for dancing. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Yes, you will have to go to Central Athens first. 2 ways to get to Agios Konstantinos from there:

1) Take the KTEL bus from Terminal B in Liossion street to Agios Konstantinos. You can go directly there from the airport with express bus X93 that leaves from just outside the arrivals hall (between Exit 4 & 5).

athensairportbus.com/en/timetable/x93airport…

2) Have a look at http://alkyontravel.gr/page_en/sporades They offer a super convenient bus/ferry combo out of Central Athens. For this, first take the X95 from the airport to Syntagma or the metro.

Edited: 11 November 2015, 19:08
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,940 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Option 1, on Nicksy's post will have departures every hour.

So if you want to be there early for the connection. You can always take it easy in the square, having breakfast in a cafe, opposite the departure point, for the ferry/cat/dolphin.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Hey and welcome Margomee:-) What you may want to consider, if your trans arrival flight time pans out.. is to simply catch the quick barely 30 min puddle jumper to Skiathos.. check www.olympicair.com/ as time approaches;-) You're at the airport anyway and will save you loads of luggage hustling and travel to get to these gems.. unfortunately, there are usually only a couple of flights daily.. so if that doesn't work, you would then need to make your way to Aghios;-)

I've taken the www.alkyontravel.gr/ bus/ferry combo dozens of times.. again, depending on when you arrive, there is usually an afternoon bus departure from Kaningos Square just off Omonia around 4p that hooks up with the departing ferry.. if you opt to take the KTEL bus, make sure you are aware of the ferry schedules;-) I've arrived in Aghios a couple of times only to find I've missed the ferry and had to overnight.. which is not a bad deal;-) Aghios is a lovely waterfront Town.. good place for an overnight after the long haul anyway;-) These gems are not easy to get to .. especially for us that have to come the distance.. but so worth it;-)

If you haven't already, take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ where amongst other general info, you'll find accommodation listings throughout the isle from simple, basic rooms on up to villas.. there are numerous options in Skopelos Town itself.. I usually spend a couple of nights before I leave at The Adonis Hotel smack on the waterfront.. it's not listed but never had a problem just showing up and booking on the spot for a few days.. then again, this is usually in either May or Sept.. would not attempt this in August;-)

As far as music, there are numerous places that have live Greek music in Town.. I've noticed many places opening/closing throughout the years .. easy to check while there;-) Happy planning to you.. EnJOY!

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Please try Pension Kyr Sotos in the center of Skopelos Town!! It'sa wonderful place to stay, especially on a budget!!

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

Please try Pension Kyr Sotos in the center of Skopelos Town!! It'sa wonderful place to stay, especially on a budget!!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,940 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

@gillian21 - Agreed ...

7. Re: How to get to Agios Constantinos port.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos
Recent Conversations