We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to start booking accommodations?

Estonia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When to start booking accommodations?

Hello,

Its my first trip to Greece and to Skopelos. But I read so many good things about it here, that now I want to visit Skopelos,Alonissos and Skiathos, tho my time is limited. So probably just one day cruise trips to Alonissos and Skiathos.

I will be arriving next year, end of september for 2 weeks.(if all goes according to plan) Seems like there is so much time until that date, but I have read in some reviews and forums that it is important to book fast. So I was just curious when is the best time to book? Like the lowest prices etc, because we are on a budget, but we still want the best possible and are willing to make exceptions and etc.

Just curious if maybe someone on this site could help and recommend ideas. :)

Greetings from Estonia,

Ene-Mari

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Adrina Resort & Spa
Adrina Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 hotels in Panormos
Hotel Panormos Beach Skopelos
Hotel Panormos Beach Skopelos
#2 of 23 hotels in Skopelos
Adrina Beach
Adrina Beach
#2 of 3 hotels in Panormos
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

Hey and welcome Ene-Mari:-) For end Sept into Oct., you won't have any problems finding a place even on the spot.. most especially in Skopelos.. and even more so in Alonissos;-) Skiathos, being the smallest isle is also the only one of the 3 having an airport so is the busiest but does start to mellow out by then;-)

You have loads of choices in accommodations in Skopelos depending on whether you are looking for a beach vaca.. or a stay in Town.. you'll find everything from simple rooms to villas.. take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ for starters.. broken down by area/village as well;-) You have plenty of time to plan a wonderful vaca on a fabulous isle;-) EnJOY!

Edited: 27 November 2015, 23:28
Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Abertridwr, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

Hello, in my experience the earlier you book your holiday the better price you get, so don't waste any time, I've only visited Alonissos and Skopelos both for a day trip only, and they were both really nice places to visit, I have spent a few weeks on Skiathos and it is absolutely lovely, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in Skopelos.

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

Low season, you will be spoilt for choice. Do some research, to find the accommodation you like, and you will get a great price near the time. The locals will be very appreciative, of your 'cash' at the end of the season.

Estonia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

Thank you both all for the nice replys! :)

Edited: 28 November 2015, 05:39
Estonia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

Thank you all for the nice replys! :)

Edited: 28 November 2015, 05:40
6. Re: When to start booking accommodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2016, 13:17