We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schengen visa urgent!

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Schengen visa urgent!

Please help!!

I am a South African traveller. I have a schengen visa - type C. I am returning to South Africa soon but I need to fly to Copenhagen from the UK for my flight back to South Africa. The date I need to fly is on the 17th of June. my visa is multiple entry, and 90 days in duration. I have been to the schengen zone for only 45 days - my first entry was 1 March. On my visa it says my visa is valid from 1 March to 13 June.

The date of my flight is beyond when my visa says it expires but within 180 day of my first entry and below the limit of my stay. Will I be able to enter the schengen zone to catch my flight?

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
2 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schengen visa urgent!

If your visa has expired it is not longer valid.

However, if you have booked your return trip on one ticket it's no problem as I don't think South Africans need a visa to transit.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schengen visa urgent!

I don't know of any South Africa flights from CPH. Do you have a flight from Copenhagen to Schengen area and then further on to South Africa? If so you need a Schengen visa.

One option is to buy a new ticket from UK to South Africa, make it a return if a single ticket is expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen Airport
Copenhagen Airport
Kastrup, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Reply to: Schengen visa urgent!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted