We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Hi guys,

This month we will take the train from Aarhus to Copenhagen. We will take 1 big suitcase and 2 backpacks with is.

Can we buy the train tickets on the Aarhus station the day we leave? Or is it wise to book the tickets beforehand (availability/price)?

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
6 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Hi,

You can buy your tickets on Aarhus H (Aarhus Central Station). There is a ticket office that are open during day hours and ticket machines available around the clock.

If you want to save some money you can check for any Orange tickets available on dsb.dk/en. These are non-flexible and non-refundable, can only be bought online, and will sell out over time (just like the german SparPreis tickets, for reference).

Mentioned in this post
Aarhus
Aarhus
East Jutland, Denmark
Central Station
Central Station
1,302 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Hi,

So I can book the DSB orange tickets just like that? I don't need to have a DSB card or be a citizen of Denmark?

Mentioned in this post
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Yes, you can buy them just like that. And no, you don't need any DSB card, nor do you have to be a Danish citizen. The Orange tickets are, just like the standard tickets, for everyone.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

Thanks for the information🙂.

Once I booked the Orange ticket, do I need to print it ? Or do I need to open it in an app?

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

You don't need to print it out. You can simply show the pdf to the train crew on a phone, tablet or laptop (as long a the screen is intact so they can scan the barcode). But make sure your device doesn't run out of power, as you will be fined if you are unable to show your ticket upon request.

Personally, I always bring a printed copy of my Orange tickets, but it's not a requirement.

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen

This is what DSB says about "Print" or Print-selv tickets:

You are not required to print out your ticket if your are going to use it in a DSB train. Instead, you are allowed to present the ticket on a smartphone or tablet/computer. Remember to bring ID.

Reply to: Train Aarhus-Copenhagen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted