We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simple Trip Report

California
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
323 reviews
Save Topic
Simple Trip Report

We recently spent eight nights in Copenhagen. I am not going to go into what we saw etc. Just here to give my impressions of this wonderful city.

Copenhagen does not have to be the expensive city I kept reading about. If you are on a low budget and research well it can easily be done. Food in restaurants are quite a bit higher than in U.S. where I live. When we felt like cutting back on expenses, we went into a decent sized market and found a lot of ready made sandwiches, salad bars, and other items quite inexpensive. Many markets have coffee at more than half the price that you would get at a cafe.

The food was high quality in Copenhagen and very tasty. We were fortunate to be in Scandinavia for almost three weeks during a heat wave!!! So lucky indeed as it made the trip all the more enjoyable.

We did not purchase any type of travel card. We walked up to eight miles/day. Just wandering can take you into a most gorgeous park. My biggest mistake in packing was not bringing the right shoes. Quite a bit of Copenhagen is cobblestone streets. I purchased a good pair of athletic shoes and it was the best purchase ever. No one wants to walk a lot and have their feet hurt.

People are nice. They do not get in your face. If you have a question they are polite and try to help. People are not loud and they seem to be orderly.

Get a credit card that has no transaction fees. We used an ATM once as we needed cash for a bus that did not accept credit cards.

We found that having a glass of wine is usually a small glass of wine and a bit pricey. They have alcohol stores and we found one and purchased decent red wine from Portugal for about $11 which we found to be very reasonable. Came in handy when we would do our own meals on a park bench.

We loved our location in Vesterbro area. It was very quiet with some streets that did not allow cars and lots of little restaurants. The area we stayed in was not where the big streets are.

Watch out for the bicycles!

That's it! It was a good trip.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Vesterbro
Vesterbro
66 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 reply
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simple Trip Report

Glad to see that you enjoyed Copenhagen. I was there visiting relatives the first 2 weeks of May, and it was perfect spring weather then, so you lucked out as well. The city is a lot more enjoyable when the sun is shining...

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Reply to: Simple Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted