We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card options

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sim card options

I'll be traveling in copenhagen for a few days then heading to italy for the remainder of my trip. Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy a TIM or vodaphone prepaid sim in copenhagen? I know for sure those will work in Italy, but I'm open to other suggestions. Is is ok to buy at the airport (I don't care about cost) or wait till I get in town? TIA

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
192 Reviews
from US$163.80*
Free Cancellation
Copenhagen Card
665 Reviews
from US$64.10*
Free Cancellation
Castles Tour from Copenhagen: North...
588 Reviews
from US$119.60*
Free Cancellation
2 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim card options

Hi,

TIM and Vodafone are not available in Denmark, so I doubt you will be able to find a prepaid SIM card from those any of companies in Denmark.

The prepaid SIM-card market in Denmark is small, so your options are limited. YouSee have physical stores and sell prepaid SIM cards. See https://privat.yousee.dk/mobiltid/

You can also look at other companies such as Lycamobile, Oister, CBB Mobil, OK Mobil, etc. (I believe those offer pre-paid SIM cards as well).

But these might not be working in Italy, or if you use them in Italy, you would likely pay roaming fees.

If you're only in Denmark for a few days, maybe you can use wifi at cafés and at your hotel, so you don't need a local SIM card? If I were you I would buy the Italian SIM-card in Italy from an Italian telecom company.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 23:23
Mentioned in this post
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
The Italian
The Italian
422 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim card options

Thanks for the info I'm only in copenhagen 2 days so I'll wait till I get to italy and buy one there.

Reply to: Sim card options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted