We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have I got enough money?

Gorleston-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Have I got enough money?

Hi all, I appreciate it's a bit like asking how long a piece of string is.

We have the hotel paid for which includes breakfast (in central Copenhagen)

We have a 5 day Copenhagen card paid for.

We are arriving 11am Tuesday, Activating the Copenhagen card Wednesday (for Wed to Sun), and flying home Monday morning.

So, we need money for food / transport and anywhere we visit on the afternoon/evening we arrive,

The next 5 days are covered on the card for transport and entry (+ £30 for ride pass at Tivoli).

And the final day we just need the fair to the airport.

But our budget has got unexpectedly tighter than we had hoped, but I'm sure it will do fine?

We both have £350 each on Revoult travel cards and £100 (£800 DKK) each cash.

So basically we have £450 each for 5 1/2 days but 5 of those days we don't need to worry about transport or entry fees.

Having never been there and it being a capital city, have we got ample cash providing we don't dine at expensive restaurants, or will we need to be very careful with our spending (food, drinks etc at places like the Zoo expensive)?

Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Have I got enough money?

Hi,

Your budget averages out to approx. 630 DKK a day (for 6 days) per person.

I think that's enough when you've already paid for a Copenhagen Card and hotel with breakfast. I don't know anything about Revoult travel cards, is it a regular Visa or MasterCard, or another type of international credit/debit card? It will be cheaper to withdraw money from an ATM, rather than exchanging your British pound bills to Danish kroner at a currency exchange.

When people apply for a visa, the general rule is the applicant needs to have "sufficient funds" of approx. 500 DKK a day when staying at a hotel.

Gorleston-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Have I got enough money?

Many thanks

Revoult Card is a Mastercard that gives you the Interbank FX rates

uk
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Have I got enough money?

You should be fine.

The only thing that may dent your budget would be if you expect to enjoy a several alcoholic beverages each day. 50kr would be considered cheap for a

pint of beer so bar bills can quickly run up.

Gorleston-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Have I got enough money?

Many thanks

I'll go sober for a week :)

Reply to: Have I got enough money?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted