We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short visit - help with itinerary please

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Short visit - help with itinerary please

We are visiting Copenhagen next week for one afternoon, one full day, and most of the following day prior to flight home. Staying in Tivoli hotel, we are a couple in our 40's, I will be on my own for the full day. I am looking for suggestions on how best to use our time to visit Copenhagen and see the best in such a sort time, also safe trips for a female on her own for the day. Thank you, sue x

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

You shouldn´t worry about safety in Copenhagen, just behave sensibly. A minor detail is that there are occasional reports of pick-pockets at some of the main tourist/transport sites.

What to see really depends on your interests, but you can get some inspiration here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g189541-Activi…

Personally I´d suggest for instance walks in the Strøget area and its side streets/Graabrødre Torv; Nyhavn; the panorama of the Church of Our Saviour, a canal boat tour, Torvehallerne for a snack, and Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek for some varied, artsy stuff. Plus a bit more, related to your own interests.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 15:50
Mentioned in this post
Nyhavn
Nyhavn
22,475 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Torvehallerne
Torvehallerne
1,360 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

You may get some inspiration here:

visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/sightseeing/t…

Hans

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

An option for your full day could be to join the Copenhagen Free Walking Tours departing in front of City Hall every day at 11am.

They're getting great reviews here on TA and it's a good way to see a lot of sights in a short time, then you can always revisit those places that seemed most interesting to you personally after the tour.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen City Hall
Copenhagen City Hall
1,536 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

Thank you all, that's some great ideas, I like the idea of the walking tour and also the canal boat. I also hope to visit Tivoli gardens is there a day or time that's best to go?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

I would visit Tivoli in the evening when the park is illuminated.

Hans

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

My parents and I will be in Copenhagen for about two days before we board the Royal Princess on 23rd May 2014 from Oceankay Pier. We will stay at a Hotel near Tivoli. We plan to take a taxi from the City Centre to the pier. Are taxi's easily available? Will our 3 reasonably big bags all fit in the Boot?

Also can you give me the number of some Taxi agency that I can contact in case I am unable to find a taxi.

Thank You

Nikita

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

My parents and I will be in Copenhagen for about two days before we board the Royal Princess on 23rd May 2014 from Oceankay Pier. We will stay at a Hotel near Tivoli. We plan to take a taxi from the City Centre to the pier. Are taxi's easily available? Will our 3 reasonably big bags all fit in the Boot?

Also can you give me the number of some Taxi agency that I can contact in case I am unable to find a taxi.

Thank You

Nikita

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

Taxis are easily available, especially around Tivoli and the city centre, so you won't have any problems finding one. Your hotel will be happy to call for one as well if needed.

Almost all the taxis are large sedan models that can easily fit three large suitcases and extra bags in the boot.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

Quite a few taxis are station wagons, so baggage should not be a problem.

Hans

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Short visit - help with itinerary please

Thanks a Lot!