Very excited to visit Copenhagen in less than a week (the 30th)!!
A few questions:
1) Do we need to get some DKK before arriving?
2) Where to change money in CPH? Are the rates @ the airport quite decent?
3) Where in CPH can we get the Copenhagen card? Can we pay for it with a Chip-and-signature Mastercard?
4) Transit from CPH to Crowne Plaza? We can use the Copenahagen card for this, right? Any thoughts of the hotel? Previous stay experience? How accessible to center?
5) How much to budget for/take out in cash?
We are a family of 3: myself, hubby and 5-yr old. Arriving Wed evening, leaving Sat late afternoon. Not sure how widely credit cards are accepted, and what surcharges merchants tack on so wanna avoid those if possible.
So far, we'd be mainly going to attractions covered by the Copenhagen card (Amaliensborg, canal tour, Tivoli, Carlsberg). We're ok with simple breakfast/lunch from take-out places/market/grocery store, then maybe nicer dinner. So far, I have only planned one such dinner @ Krebsegaarden.
By the way, we will be heading back to Copenhagen the last night of our trip on may 9th.
6) Transit to Cabinn Metro from Copenhagen Central station? Is there a 24-hour pass we can get from the station? How much would it be? We'll need to head to the airport the next day so it may be worth it to get the pass instead of individual tickets.
7) Lastly, for the experienced traveleres out there from US, any "must-brings" that may not be easily found/bought in Copenhagen?
Thanks in advance! Counting down the days! :)