We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I park here?!

montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Can I park here?!

Copenhagen friends! I found some links online that seemed to indicate some places where I could park for free in Copenhagen for an extended period of time. But the links were somewhat old so I wanted to double-check here before getting slapped with a 500 DKK fine!

1. Vanløse subway station

2. Øresund subway station

3. Amager Strand subway station

4. The Opera, Church of Our Saviour, Christianshavn and Christiania

5. Valby train station

Would any of these work? This would be for June 2-4 (Monday to Wednesday), including overnight.

Many, many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Hotel Amager
Hotel Amager
192 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen Strand
Copenhagen Strand
1,618 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Christiania
Christiania
5,625 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I park here?!

Anyone? I would really appreciate some advice! Thanks!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,967 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I park here?!

These are very specific, small sites & rules are complicated, changing and confusing (I myself thought that parking would be free in some Vanløse areas, yet a family member got a fine recently there), so I´m sorry but I don´t dare to give any real advice :-).

Opera area: I believe there´s a private parking company running it now.

Christiania: a bit of a gamble concerning safety, irregulated.

Be sure to ask around and check very carefully for signs, if you decide to "test" an area.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 23:31
Mentioned in this post
Christiania
Christiania
5,625 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
966 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I park here?!

The only place I can think of off the top of my head is Valby station.

You can park there for free for as long as you want, just be aware not to leave valuables in the car as it's not a supervised parking area and it gets fairly deserted at night.

But as Joen says, check carefully for signs, as they made it intentionally difficult to park in and around Copenhagen.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I park here?!

Thank you both so very much! Very appreciated :-)

Valby Station it is.

If any other posters can recommend other spots, I would be glad to have a backup in case Valby is full.

Thanks!

5. Re: Can I park here?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 12:16