We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Hello,

My husband and I will be staying in Christianshavn, and we are looking for a few restaurants in the area. Any recommendations? We are looking for moderately priced places, type of cuisine does not matter.

Also, any pub suggestions in the area that may be good for getting a drink or two at the end of the night? We prefer laid-back places instead of clubs.

Thanks!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

I am not sure of what you call moderate, but this place is nice: http://restaurant-kanalen.dk/en/

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

There are loads of good places to eat and good bars in Christianshavn, including:

- Cafe Wilder http://www.cafewilder.dk/ is one of my personal favourites, for lunch, dinner or drinks

- Kadeau http://kadeau.dk/kbh_english.php is supposed to be absolutely amazing

- Loeven & Bastionen is the best place for brunch or lunch visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/bastionen-lov…

- Letz Sushi is a favourite with many many Copenhagen girls www.letzsushi.dk/content/christianshavn

Manila
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

If you're coming from the US like me, prepare yourself for sticker shock when you see the prices of food in Copenhagen. I'm also staying in Christiasnhavn, and at some of the cafes here, a coke will run you 7 to 10 dollars!!! A simple burger and fries will be $30 or so.

Food is outrageously expensive in Copenhagen.

Right on the street that goes in front of the Metro, Torvegade, there is a place called Blue House, that makes quite tasty sandwiches on toasted bread. About $7 or so. I've been eating there a lot.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Link to some cheap eating (not culinary) in this thread

tripadvisor.com/…58669165

Quite good for this price-level, but in Fiolstræde in the centre http://www.paludan-cafe.dk/Paludan.pdf

Edited: 05 June 2014, 16:30
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

At least, there is no obligatory tipping - a lot to save on that account only.

I'd recommend you Wilder. It's a nice place to eat and drink.

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
294 posts
6. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Kinselladk, Joen and Heroneya. We are to stay at Hotel SP34 in Sankt Peders Stræde in August. Some questions.

1. Is it located in a good area? Are there reasonably priced eateries near by? (I mean the eateries where the local people go out for dinner or lunch without breaking the bank.)

2. In the morning of our first day, we plan to take a copenhagen free walking tour. Would it be worth? Would the most of the guides do it seriously? In London, we signed up for a free tour. The guide did not even showup.

3. The tour starts at Rådhuspladsen at around 11am. Can you recommend a place for a breakfast some where near the hotel and the Town Hall? We decided not to take the breakfast that Hotel Sap34 offers. We want explore a little before the tour.

4. We are thinking of taking the simple harbour bus by Movia, which is included in Flex Card. Would it be quite different from the canal tour by Netto-Baadene?

Thanks, Eric

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Great area, many good possibilities to eat near by. Newly renovated hotel. Ask for the room facing the yard if you are noise sensitive.

Tourists boats sail through small canals and Movia only between Opera, Nyhavn, Black Diamond etc. I'd recommend you Netto boat.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

The walking tours get good reviews also on TA

tripadvisor.dk/Attraction_Review-g189541-d37…

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
294 posts
9. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

Heroneya and Joen, thanks for the response. My wife is very sensitive to noise and the room facing the yard is a good info.

We will be spending about 2 days and a half in CPH. To us, three things stand out when we hear Denmark: excellent design, expensive place to live and tumutuous history with Sweden. We are hoping to learn more about these aspects of Denmark in addition to usual sight seeing.

Viewing Black Diamond and Opera House from the water certainiy interest us. Since we will be taking canal cruise in Amsterdam before we get to CPH, we are not sure if the Netto-Baadene tour is redundant. Does the Movia harbour bus goes to near the Little Mermaid?

Of course, we heard a lot about Stroeget. However, what do we expect to see from Torvehallerne market? Which areas of CPH have cafes and restaurants the locals frequent mostly, Vesterbro, Tokin areas perhaps? We are hoping to learn how the locals manage daily living in an expensive place like CPH. Thanks, Eric

10. Re: Restaurants/pubs in Christianshavn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 12:15