We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2019

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
986 posts
112 reviews
Christmas 2019

I would like to bring my family to Santa Claus Village for a magical experience in Christmas 2019. How far in advance do I need to secure lodging reservations?

8 replies to this topic
Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Christmas 2019

As soon as they're available / as soon as you're sure you'll go I guess. Xmas 2018 looks like sold out soon.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 15:16
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
986 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Christmas 2019

When does the lodging reservations usually open? For Christmas 2019. Thanks.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Christmas 2019

On the internet about a year in advance usually. If you contacted the hotels directly they might book a room already earlier.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
986 posts
112 reviews
4. Re: Christmas 2019

Thanks. I will try to contact the hotels directly then.

Any recommendations?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Christmas 2019

It would be easier to give recommendations if you provided your requirements and price range.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
986 posts
112 reviews
6. Re: Christmas 2019

It will be our first time visiting a Scandinavian country so I don't know what the "norm" is for lodging in that region.

We prefer one room that will accommodate a family of four (2 adults and 2 children under 12). Private bathroom is a must. Easy access to the Santa Claus Village. It would be wonderful if breakfast is included.

In terms of price range we are really flexible, knowing it will probably cost an arm and a leg during Christmas. :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
986 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: Christmas 2019

Any suggestions?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: Christmas 2019

Check e.g. the Santa Claus Holiday Village. The only drawback is that it is located at the Santa Claus Village, so not too convenient if you would like to use the services in downtown Rovaniemi.

You'll find all hotels in Rovaniemi at https:/…

In downtown e.g. you might fit into a junior suite of the Arctic City Hotel, or in some of the rooms of the Artic Light Hotel.

Reply to: Christmas 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted