We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever been to Fontana Complex

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

Hi

Was wondering if anyone had stayed at the Fontana Complex in Algorfa Alicante?

If you have what is near by, is it near the beach, supermarkets, things to do as a family with a teenager?

Would my 14 year daughter be bored more than normal!

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
10 posts
1. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

Hi yea stayed in Fontana twice and we all loved it. Great swimming pool close by and some nice bars and cafes. When are u going.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
42 helpful votes
2. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

I stayed at The Fontana II in Algorfa in August 2012. Having travelled around the Costa Blanca, I would strongly advise anyone looking for an apartment to look elsewhere. Whilst the Fontana development (thats I, II, III and IV) are OK, there are much better properties in much nicer locations for the same money, if not cheaper. Algorfa is a ghost town, miles from anywhere where you'd want to spend a day or evening. And whilst the apartments are alright, the residents that live there are a bunch of moaners, who actually don't like holiday makers.

I'd recommend looking near Villa Martin or Guardamar. One other recommendation; always ask what facilities the apartment has. Some will have sun beds, a parasol, BBQ, cool box etc to make your holiday that bit better. The apartment I stayed at in Fontana was very basic and it made things that bit more difficult and more expensive. For example, they had a roof terrace, but offered no patio furniture up there!!

Please understand that I enjoyed my break at Fontana 2, but I have had much better holidays in other apartments for the same money, in better locations and a similar distance from Alicante or Murcia airports.

Alicante, Spain
1 post
3. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

Not for people who like night life , it is very quiet . Fiesta time is great for families with young children. Its great for a family holiday and people who want to switch off and relax.

I would not recommend for teens who like the bright lights. and dancing till dawn.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
81 posts
271 reviews
86 helpful votes
4. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

We had a great time here. Easy walking distance of all the town's restaurants. It was an excellent base for touring inland.

Ian

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
217 reviews
93 helpful votes
5. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

I have just bought an apartment there so hopefully won't become a moaner!! I think you really do need a car if you are a holiday maker. There are quite a few restaurants and bars for a small village but if you prefer more choice go to one of the beach resorts nearby.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
217 reviews
93 helpful votes
6. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

I have just bought an apartment there so hopefully won't become a moaner!! I think you really do need a car if you are a holiday maker. There are quite a few restaurants and bars for a small village but if you prefer more choice go to one of the beach resorts nearby.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
81 posts
271 reviews
86 helpful votes
7. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

A car is essential.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

Hi there, appreciate it's been 2/3 years since your post but we're going out to Algorfa in a couple of weeks and looking at properties there. Are you still living/have an apartment there and if so how do you find it.

Thanks

Mark and Rose

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
54 reviews
85 helpful votes
9. Re: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Save

We have an apartment in Fontana and love it. The village is great with a range of shops, bars and restaurants. You really do need a car especially if you want to go to the beach. The commercial centre on La Finca has come on leaps and bounds with a wide range of bars and restaurants. If you want a quiet life in a lovely Spanish village you will love Algorfa.

Reply to: Ever been to Fontana Complex
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Algorfa
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.