We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Campsites

Two questions

Are the prices listed typically per person or per group/site?

Does anyone have a website that has a lost of nearly every campsite in Iceland? I'm trying to plan things out, and am not staying long enough to warrant getting the camping card, and I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what all my options are. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
6 replies to this topic
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites

There are something like 300 campsites in Iceland and there are many different owners and operators, so the prices could be per person, per car, etc. The some campsites have showers that are extra, washing machines, electricity. It can all be different prices. An ok website is www.tjalda.is to get an idea of what it is like.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsites

Can’t help you on the prices, as stated it varies from one to the other.

On the location of sites: Go to this page Map.is

Go to the options pallet and click on the + Þjonusta og afþreying

Click in the box Tjaldsvæði

The map should light up like a Christmas tree.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites

I figured it was a bit of a stretch asking for the prices.

Thank you though, both websites are a huge help!

Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites

Another map option might be at campingcard.is - they probably only show the sites that will work with their camping card, but it might also provide some pricing information? (I'm not an expert on Iceland, but have seen a lot of different web sites in my research for an upcoming trip.)

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites

Here's 2 websites that give prices at most places listed. If there really is 300 plus campgrounds. I'd love to see the list. Enough cg's to get you covered.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer…

https:/…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites

As for availability and vacancies, the Icelanders on this forum say that campsites are never “full.” If you pull in looking for a place to camp, they can find a spot for you.

Reply to: Campsites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted