We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2016 Dacia Dokker vs 2018 Toyota Proace for tall driver

Seaside, California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
2016 Dacia Dokker vs 2018 Toyota Proace for tall driver

We have a 2016 Dacia Dokker camper van reserved for our Iceland trip in September. I am fairly tall at 6 ft, 4 inches (193 cm). Some friends recently returned from Iceland, and they also used the Dacia Dokker. They are warning me that I may not fit in the driver seat with my height, or may be very uncomfortable. I have messaged the camper van company. They told me that a larger option available is the 2018 Toyota Proace. However, the Toyota is significantly more expensive. I am not familiar with either vehicle. I am wondering just how much more space the Toyota will provide for the driver. If it is moderately or significantly more then it may be worth the additional cost. If it is only slightly larger for the driver, then probably not worth the additional cost. So I am looking for input on:

1. Will a person of my height be able to fit in and drive the Dacia Dokker?

2. Is there more room for the driver in the Toyota Proace? And if so, how much more?

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
2 replies to this topic
Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2016 Dacia Dokker vs 2018 Toyota Proace for tall driver

Since probably no one has experience in Dokker/Proace size estimation and comparision I'll just toss in some thoughts.

The Dokker is definitely smaller than the Proace. However being 188cm myself I rarely have trouble fitting in most cars of today. Worst case I've had was when I got a Hyundai i10 or some extremely small Toyota or VW - can't remember really. Tilting the steering wheel to the top position usually does the trick for me, that is if setting the drivers seat as far back as possible doesn't suffice.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2016 Dacia Dokker vs 2018 Toyota Proace for tall driver

You may not get an answer on this forum, as what you need is someone your size who has driven a Dokker.

You might consider asking the question here:

https:/…

Hope you can find an answer.

Reply to: 2016 Dacia Dokker vs 2018 Toyota Proace for tall driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted