We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo

boston
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo

As many on TripAdvisor have suggested we have reserved Blue Lagoon visit on the day of our arrival. We will have a few hours as our ETA is very early... assume not much is open - but any ideas? We will have our rental car. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo

Specific times would help ie arrive 430 am. No use recommending things like the Viking museum if it is not open. Maybe a drive to Seltun Geothermal area.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo

Have a drive round the Reykjanes peninsula? Plenty to see, assuming you're arriving in daylight, and nature doesn't have a closing time:

https:/…nature

Just bear in mind you may be jet lagged after an overnight journey, for your own safety and others on the road.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 21:18
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
12,368 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo

It would be helpful to have exact times.

I usually calculate about one hour to pick up my luggage and go through customs, plus it takes at least 30-45 minutes to do your due dilgence for the rental car pick-up and then roughly 20 minutes to get the Blue Lagoon.

If you have 3 hours or less to kill, I would probably just have breakfast at the airport.

Reply to: Suggestions early AM wait between arrival and Blue Lagoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted