We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour provider

3 posts
2 reviews
Private tour provider

Hi, am deciding between two private tour provider for travel to Iceland for my family of eight.

Arctic adventure vs Iceland unlimited.

Any comments or opinions which company is better?

5 replies to this topic
Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
12,690 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Private tour provider

I don't think it really matters. Have you gotten a quote from both of them for the route and the things you would like to do?

Both are established companies with a good reputation. Arctic Adventures is the bigger operator, but for a private tour that wouldn't really matter. Iceland Unlimited is the industry expert in planning travel for people with mobility issues in Iceland, so if anyone in your party has issues like that, they would be a good partner.

Otherwise I would go with the company who is most responsive during your communication and/or has the better price.

3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Private tour provider

Thank you so much for your response. I have gotten quotes from both. Price wise, Arctic is cheaper. Itinerary both are similar. Both are responsive hence making it difficult to choose. My concern w Arctic was the negative review on trip advisor but the lady I liaise with gave a lot of thoughts into the planning:)

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Private tour provider

Those two are both well known and are local companies. I don't think you could make a wrong decision.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
12,690 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Private tour provider

There are plenty of positive reviews for Arctic as well. Sometimes you have to read between the lines, because some people come to Iceland without having done their homework and then blame their tour company for their lack of preparation regarding the pick-up process, the tour schedule, the weather risk or the right clothing to wear. So without knowing what review you are referring to it is hard to judge what happened.

I would assume Arctic can afford to offer cheaper prices, since it is a big operator. I have done quite a few tours with them and have always been happy with them. I haven't done tours with Iceland Unlimited, but have heard good things about them.

3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Private tour provider

That’s great! Nice to hear your happy experience! V useful for my decision making! Thank you so much;)

Reply to: Private tour provider
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted