We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland soccer jersey...

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Iceland soccer jersey...

I am meeting a friend in Iceland on Thursday... we will be traveling to five different countries and will be in those countries when their national team plays a World Cup group stage game.

I don't yet have an Iceland shirt. I'm wondering if they are readily available in Reykjavik right now because of the WC?

Full confession... I cannot afford a full priced, fancy shirt. A "knock-off" cheaper version is fine. Could I find one at a charity store or can someone guide me to a store when we get there.

I am so excited to be there for their first ever WC game!

Cheers,

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
5 replies to this topic
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland soccer jersey...

You can find the official jersey in Reykjavík, but we aren't that big on knock offs so i'm not sure where and if you can find that. But if you decide to get the official one you might want to check "Útilíf".

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland soccer jersey...

Try also at Hagkaup supermarket and Jói Útherji sporting goods store.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland soccer jersey...

Netto in the west end of Reykjavik has them for about 2000 Isk. the cheapest I´ve seen.

They also have lowest price for woollen sweaters.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland soccer jersey...

There aren't any knock-offs that look exactly like the official one, but you can get pretty decent supporter jerseys in many places, for example in Hagkaup or in 66 North.

I just got the supporter jersey for myself, they are less than half the price of the official one and they look fine.

Canada
Level Contributor
8,406 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland soccer jersey...

You can also get them online at very reasonable prices. Look up Iceland"kit" as well as jersey as that is normally what Europeans call them.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reply to: Iceland soccer jersey...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted