We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on first day?

West Kingston...
14 posts
Save Topic
What to do on first day?

My friend and I will be arriving at 6:30 am on 2 August and check in is at 2 or 3. I was thinking that that taking a bus from the airport to the Blue Lagoon would be a good idea. Can we get there for 8 or is 9 more likely? Is it possible to get breakfast at or near either the airport or the Blue Lagoon? Does the Blue Lagoon have limits on the time spent there?

Any other suggestions for how to spend time on the first day would be appreciated. We are gaining on 60 years old so we will be tired.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Lagoon Iceland
Blue Lagoon Iceland
14,642 Reviews
Grindavik, Iceland
2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
19,245 posts
627 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on first day?

No time limits, you can stay until closing.

Check their website as you can get transportation to the BL from the airport and then on to the city.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
10,838 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on first day?

If you buy admission for 8 you can arrive until 8:59. I would check on FlightAware or a similar website if your flight is usually on time or often delayed and than make that decision. If you book for 9 you could just have breakfast at the airport if you still have a lot of time. The Blue Lagoon also has a café.

You can book transportation from the airport and to Reykjavík together with your ticket on the BL website. I think it is a good way to relax after a long flight. Most people stay 2-3 hours, but there is no limit on how long you can stay that day.

Afterwards maybe walk around Reykjavík a bit to explore, do one of the walking tours or a Meet the Natives event at the Tin Can Factory as an introduction.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Lagoon Iceland
Blue Lagoon Iceland
14,642 Reviews
Grindavik, Iceland
Reply to: What to do on first day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted