We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Redditch, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

I am looking at booking 3 day trips for our stay in Reykjavik. My thoughts are

1. The golden Circle

2. South Coast.

I’m not sure what to do for our last trip and thought of. Snæfellsnes Peninsula? Any other recommendations would be much appreciated.

Also, I noticed on the South Coast trip there is an option to walk Sólheimajökull glacier. We are a couple in our mid 60’s and like hiking but would like to hear from someone who has done this hike as to their thoughts. I know you will not know our fitness level but just some feedback would be good. In the description we are supplied with Helmet, crampons, ice axe and other safety equipment. Walking time on the glacier is 1 hour. Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
4 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
20,659 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

What time of year?

Redditch, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

Sorry, we will be going at the end of August

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
12,810 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours

The glacier hiking on Sólheimajökull is quite steep, so I'm not sure if that would be something for you.

Here's a suggestion of a 3-day tour, except that the glacier hiking takes place at the National Park of Vatnajökull. The scenery there is really impressive in my opinion, and the glacier walk is less steep than in Sólheimajökull.

https:/…

However this route takes you to the iceberg lagoon of Jökulsárlón, so you would have to give Snæfellsnes a miss. It's just an idea.

Redditch, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours

Thanks all for your replies. Good advice, think I'm sorted now. Thanks

Reply to: Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted