We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to see Northern Light with kids

5 posts
Save Topic
Place to see Northern Light with kids

I am planning to visit Reykjavik with two little kids under 5 years old. And I am affordable to stay at a hotel like igloo. I just wonder where are the best place to see the northern lights.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
16 replies to this topic
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

And please don't consider driving unless you have years of experience driving in icy conditions and strong winds, especially with young kids. Otherwise the risk of having an accident and/or damaging the car would be high.

Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

Sorry to ask the same question again and again...but is there a way the kids can stay in the bus and the adults...me and my wife can step out and wait for the northern lights to show up? Because that's what we did for the Haleakala crater sunrise in hawaii. It was freezing, windy and cold and we left the kids in the car and since the summit was just a few feet away, one of us would go back and forth every few mins to check on them. Is that even a possibility?

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,274 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

Young kids in a late night northern light tour is a bad idea in general, regardless of them being able to stay in the bus or not.

Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

Thanks. Then either we'll take turns or I'll go by myself. Thanks again.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

I dont understand why you would want to put your kids on a long tour in the dark when its cold. Theyre not going to get anything out of the trip and all youll end up doing is annoying the other passengers when your kids get bored and tired.

Canada
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Place to see Northern Light with kids

Leaving children alone on a bus is never a good idea IMO

Reply to: Place to see Northern Light with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted