We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses

u.k
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Buses

How close do the buses get to Mdina? I am unable to walk far and will be using a wheelchair when we visit.

4 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses

Very close. If you are travelling from Bugibba, take bus X3 to Rabat interchange, from where it is a short flat walk through a small park to the entrance to Mdina.

Phil G.

Mentioned in this post
Bugibba
Bugibba
Island of Malta, Malta
Rabat
Rabat
Island of Malta, Malta
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses

Agree with Phil. If you get to mdina this is one of the places that is quite easy going for wheelchair users. As much as I love malta it is hard enough to navigate with a pushchair never mind with a wheelchair. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses

bobthestag,do you think I will have difficulty using my wheelchair in Malta? I would like to be prepared for any difficulties. Poor hubby will be the one ' navigating ' my chair-I need to forewarn him of any problems.

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses

Depends where you are staying really. If mellieha then certainly as it is very hilly and plenty of steps. If you are staying in buggiba area its better but some of the back streets can be troublesome with the pavements. Better if you are in st julians or sliema with the long prom. Still takes some negotiating around the side streets though.

I am only going on my experience with a buggy though which is no doubt a lot easier than a wheelchair. I used to push my grandad around in his many years ago and although I was only a teenager then it was still tough on the decent pavements we have over here.

The pavements are just a bit erratic in design and quality that's all but don't let me put you off malta as its beautiful and you must visit.

Sorry if I have got you worried.

Reply to: Buses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mdina