We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World cup England games

essex
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
World cup England games

Hi we are staying at the Bay View Hotel during the first week of the world cup and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent local bar that will be showing the England games. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
4 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
740 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World cup England games

There are dozens and dozens of bars and restaurants along the Sliema seafront. To be honest, I think it would be difficult to find one which ISN'T showing the World Cup - especially the games involving England and Italy.

PS - don't expect too much from England!

Mentioned in this post
Sliema
Sliema
Island of Malta, Malta
England
England
United Kingdom
Italy
Italy
Europe
STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
949 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World cup England games

I'll echo that I was over 2010 world cup being a Liverpool fanatic big time we as a rule don't care too much for Ingurland..but thought would make the effort and wasn't disappointed the Maltese and English ran pubs decked it all out with flags etc.I bought shirt flag that I used as a cape "England man" sat in a pub called Crazy Daisy's surrounded by Italians (great laugh) as we went out with a whimper! Don't foresee any change on pitch but you'll have a blast while its on!

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
essex
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: World cup England games

Thanks for your replies...we will just go with the flow then and see what takes our fancy.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World cup England games

Willie is right to say don't expect too much from England but expect even less from Italy as they didn't qualify 😂😂😂🤣

Loads of bars will show the games. The Maltese are mad for football and thousands support England. We watched games in st Julian's on a big screen right on spinola bay so it might be worth finding out if this is happening again ?? .

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Italy
Italy
Europe
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Reply to: World cup England games
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted