We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxembourg Nightlife

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luxembourg Nightlife

Hi,

I'm looking to potentially visit Luxembourg with a few friends for a concert in November, and I've been trying to find out what the nightlife is like and have read mixed things.

We'd be visiting from Thursday to Sunday and will be looking to go to good bars and clubs if possible,

- Is the Thursday night lively and are there any specific areas/places to go?

- My understanding is that Luxembourg is expensive: what would be the average cost for a pint (or 0.5L) of beer?

- Are there any good bars/clubs that will play indie music?

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxembourg Nightlife

The main nightlife area is Rives de Clausen (which is called incorrectly Rue Emile Mousel on Google Maps). In addition, there are some bars in Grund (around Rue Munster), and in the high city around Rue de la Boucherie. Rue de Hollerich used to be popular too, but I believe this area is rather dead nowadays (except for the Atelier concert hall - is this where your concert is?).

Thursday night is a bit quieter, but still quite popular for after-work-drinks (perhaps a bit earlier on the day).

For a different experience, I would recommend the piano bar Café des Artistes in Grund: it's a bit go-back-in-time-place, no recorded music here but a piano player and people singing along instead. They are also open (and usually quite busy) on Thursdays.

Not sure about indie music, perhaps Scott's in Grund?

0.5 liter of beer costs about 6 euro.

Mentioned in this post
Grund
Grund
919 Reviews
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxembourg Nightlife

Great thank you - the concert is in atelier!

Are these places you mentioned open later than 1am on a Thursday night or does the place quieten down then?

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxembourg Nightlife

I think most (all?) places close at 1 am on Thursdays.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxembourg Nightlife

Great thank you

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxembourg Nightlife

Hi there

Well you got several choices in town concerning indie music or alternative. I can suggest some bars like Rocas, Steiler, De Gudden Wëllen or Konrad for example. They all are in the city centre and you easily can bar hop from one to another. They will all close at 1AM on Thursday but most of them will close at 3AM on Friday and Saturday. Possibly you'll even be able to see a Live concert in one of these bars.

Rives de Clausen area is sometimes a bit lame actually, locals don't seem to enjoy it there.

Grund area is very nice. In fact on a Thursday night you might even see a Bues Jam Session in Liquid bar.

A shame one of the best indie bars closed some time ago which was right next to Atelier.

Clubs is something that Luxembourg is really lacking of. They seem to all play the same tunes. I'd suggest to do bars in town untill 3AM and than see where people would suggest to go later.

Sunday the city is quite dead.

And a pint will cost you between 5€ the cheapest and 6 to 7 the expensive ones.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 20:00
Mentioned in this post
Konrad Cafe & Bar
Konrad Cafe & Bar
155 Reviews
Grund
Grund
919 Reviews
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor