We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos

A M
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos

My wife and I are considering a 10 night stay in Paphos for mid September 2018. We would prefer an adults only hotel on a B & B basis or half board. Must have a pool and be within walking distance of a mile or so to the town.

If B & B is it expensive to eat out?

I've seen good reviews of the Athena Royal Beach and the Pioneer on Tripadvisor but that was in 2010. Are they still good hotels?

Are there any others, perhaps smaller that can be recommended?

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos

Used to work at pioneer. Still a good hotel and very quiet as it's adults only. Close to local amenities

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos

There are reviews for both the Athena Royal Beach and the Pioneer on this site from as recently as 2 weeks ago.

At 3 miles from the harbour, Pioneer is outside your 1 mile limit. The Athena Royal is closer, but still 2 miles from the harbour.

It isn’t expensive to eat out. You’ll find “specials” of 3 courses from €10.99 up, and also fine dining.

Trisha

A M
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Looks like it's a bus into town then. Wonder if a town apartment would be better?

I've calculated that at the Athena Beach for 10 nights with a double sea view B & B would cost £1870 whereas apartment & balcony with pool near town centre would cost just £820 so it's a no brainer as we don't swim in the sea and don't need a sea view particularly.

Thanks again though!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos

I would rather be more central than the hotels you mention. Taking the bus the odd time is ok, but becomes onerous when you have to do it every day of your holiday.

If you need any feedback re the location of the apartment you’ve spotted, post the details.

Trisha

Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos

We are staying at the avanti for the 4th time in sept, costing about the 1800 mark for 10 nights, can't go wrong with this place and a pleasant walk to the harbour,

6. Re: Paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2018, 23:35

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos

post 6 - your name and content indicates this is self-promotion/advertising which is not permitted on TA forums.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos

VegasShowgirl ;

It amazes me that some people don't want to take advice from local British Business owners that already have great Trip Advisor Reviews and Recommendations !

In my mind to block and report a British Family business who are offering help to a fellow traveler who is asking for advice , is terribly short sighted by you.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos

hi I had my honeymoon at the Athena Royal and loved it, even though we found it a bit quiet , we stayed on a half board only basis, my friends stayed at the Asimina Suites they were more expensive though and very quite.

Reply to: Paphos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted