We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

Has Paphos airport gone back to the old days of terrible queueingg

13 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

No, but just like any airport there are queues.

I am always intrigued when people expect to sail through an airport, especially in this day and age with increased security

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

I know there are queues at airports but they are usually organised.paphos airport there does not seem to be any organisation.nobody seems to know what queue to go in and therefore it is total chaos

3. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2018, 17:10

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

When we were there it was pretty chaotic getting through security after check-in. There was a long queue but a number of subsidiary queues were created by security staff and many of those were checked before people in the 'main' queue.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Weird.

For poster at 2.

I always know which queue to go in because I pay attention. You can't blame the airport because people don't stand in the correct queue.

There is one queue for security so I stand in it.

Then there is sometimes a queue to exit passport control so I stand in it and then go to whichever booth is free.

Then the flights are called with the exit doors often having more than one gate number because of the external gate system. I go to the exit door and ask which queue I should stand in so I get in the correct queue.

The airport at Paphos is very busy, especially at the weekends and on Wednesday nights. I agree that they could use a few more staff at times but for us it is no worse than the queues at the other end in Manchester, where it can take 1 hour to clear security on the way out and 1 hour to clear immigration on the way back plus the average of 30 minutes waiting for bags. Somehow folk seem to be more polite when they are back in the UK, patiently forming lines and queuing.

In Cyprus those same people fell it's OK to form a queue similar to a jumble sale and people are generally not in a good mood because they are going home. They don't understand the gate system and complain about all sorts including the fact that they can't understand the announcements. They dawdle at security and behave like they've never been in an airport before

The chaos is often caused by the people that are flying and not by the airport.

next time you head through it just pause to consider if it is the airport that is at fault or the people in it.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

I have to admit that the only time I have had a problem at Paphos airport was when the checked luggage conveyor belt system packed up.

There were a lot of very fed up people and at least one punch up (not started by a tourist).

Bath
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport

Paphos is no better or worse than anywhere else imo. Manchester can be a nightmare so I think it's unfair to criticise other airports. They just happen to be busy with lots of tired people waiting to go home.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport

Latimer, as I explained in #4, there are times where there isn't a single queue to get through security, as happened when we were there. The fact that you haven't seen such a situation doesn't mean it never happens.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport

My post at 5 was in response to the poster at 2 and I I didn't say I had never seen a queue at Paphos airport

I've been in some huge queues at Paphos airport, just like I have in many other airports over the years.

It's busy, sometimes things break or they don't have enough staff on but it's hardly Heraklion in the 80's or some shack in a field in Borneo, where several of your fellow passengers have at least one goat with them for the flight. Been there and done that.

It's an airport, it has queues, sometimes they are longer than others and they are always a means to an end - it is not the destination and ultimately it's the destination that matters. Life is too short to get stressed about queueing at an airport

England
Level Contributor
632 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport

Yes there are queues......as there are queues at most airports these days.

But we are required to be at the airport so early, that it passes the time.

Otherwise, you would spend even more time sat in a noisy departure lounge, waiting for your flight to be called.

Reply to: Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted