We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here comes the sun!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Here comes the sun!

This last week has been really cold with lots and lots of the wet stuff. I was told that it was the coldest it has been since 1977, and there was even snow in Kato Paphos on Thursday!

However........all is well again 'cos today the sky is blue and the sun is shining, and the forecast is for it to continue, with temps up to 70F next week.

Thank goodness!

Trisha

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,513 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here comes the sun!

Wow that is unusual. Thanks for posting Trisha and very glad to hear that the weather is getting back to normal. We are going to Pissouri on 23 March so I hope it will be sunny then. I will pack for all eventualities.

Twigs

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here comes the sun!

20th April for me and hoping it will be scorching

newcastle
Level Contributor
813 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here comes the sun!

8th may for me and i hope it will be hot hot hot!! otherewise i'll be wishing i went back to sharm! lol

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here comes the sun!

Blue skies again today - it feels hot in the direct sun, and cool in the shade.

I think that it's unfair of travel agents to let holiday makers believe that Cyprus is a year round destination that always gets great weather. The first 2-3 months of the year can be cold and wet - although last week was exceptional!

I'm sure it'll be gorgeous by the time you all arrive.

Happy travels!

Trisha

newcastle
Level Contributor
813 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here comes the sun!

Hi missindy..yes i agree as an ex-travel agent i would never tell people to go to cyprus in december if they are wanting hot weather! same goes for tunisia.

Glad the weather is picking up..lets hope it stays that way

Gill

swindon
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here comes the sun!

20th april for me , fed up with cold weather need serious sunshine and heat

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here comes the sun!

One week today for us. Pleased its improving.

We were in Paphos this xmas and the weather was glorious.

We have been in every month of the year and have always had some lovely sunshine at some part of the holiday and its always warmer than the UK.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here comes the sun!

I've just got back home (to ayia napa) from a weeks holiday round the western end of cyprus and just my luck to get the week with the worst weather,

When we left ayia napa last weekend it was 25 degrees and lovely. By the time we reached paphos mid week there was torrential rain and yes we saw the snow as well. As low down as strombi, about 15 minutes drive from the coast.

typically, the sun came back out yesterday and today as we were heading back to ayia napa the temperature is back to around 20.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,513 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here comes the sun!

What a shame you caught the bad weather CyprusSeaView. Was the weather nice in Ayia Napa all the time you were away? I think Julie (Barkingmad) is in Limassol at the moment, I wonder what sort of weather she is having.

I hope it will have settled down by the time we go to Pissouri on 23rd.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here comes the sun!

Hi, Twigs. Arrived Limassol on 2nd March, had 3 good days around 25 C The Sunday was a little cooler but stayed dry for the carnival,Monday rain Tues ,torrential rain, thunder- lightning raged on all night.wed Thurs,wet-wild in Paphos more thunder- lightning, Fri,dry, cold with dark sky,Sat time to go home,hey presto sun came out again quite warm.But did the weather spoil my holiday No.I hope the weather picks up for you,I think that you are staying in Columbia beach, I had a choice of that one half board for a week or Elias Beach AI for the same price due to a good deal with Olympic, being the time of year and location of both hotels, I took the Elias,I never usually go AI but due to the weather after the first weekend I am glad I choose that one.We went up to the Santa Marina Retreat a couple of days after we got there ,I love to go up and see the horses, it was a perfect day 25 c, I was going to leave that until monday,just glad I changed my mind and went when I did,We saw the pics of the snow on the mountains in the Cyprus Mail ,the heaviest snow fall for 20 years. I must have taken our weather over with me.Julie